July 13 – 20, 2018
Learn to lead, teach and inspire others.
An empowering process for those wanting to teach yoga in your community and world. Are you a current yoga teacher looking to master your skills, or a yoga student seeking to delve deeper in your practice? Our weeklong trainings are a great opportunity to capture these goals. This program comprises of the first part of 200hour teacher training.
The goal of this week is “Establishing power for yourself and others.” In this week you will:
- Experience the foundations of assisting/adjusting
- Experience the anatomy of yoga postures and movement of the body
- Experience the Yoga Sutras and philosophy of the Nahi Warrior Flow sequence
- Experience the depth and versatility of practicing yoga
- Experience a translation of the timeless teachings into a current classroom experience
- Experience voice coaching
- Learning sequencing basics
- Practice your teaching skills through live teaching sessions to your peers
- Receive feedback throughout the program
This weeklong session is an inward journey that brings the focus to the internal by recognizing where we hold back, and where we can break through.
Program led by: Sid McNairy
DATES & TIMES
7/13: 5pm- 10pm
7/14 – 7/19: 8am-9pm
7/20: 8am- 3pm
*Earlybird savings: Save $100 one month in advance, Save $150 two months in advance
- Street parking: Meters run 8am- 6pm Friday and Saturday. Free street parking on Sunday.
- Towson Town Center: Free. The mall parking garages, located 3 blocks away in walking distance.
- Jimmy’s cab: 410-296-7200 convenient cab service for Towson and Baltimore area.
Eateries and Groceries
There are a number of amazing restaurants and food options near Sid Yoga Center, right in the heart of Towson’s city. Zias Cafe, San Sushi Too/Thai One On, 7 West Bistro Grille and Lotsa are within walking distance and are highly recommended. Towson has a Fresh Market (comparable to Whole Foods) and is only a 1/2 mile away. Atwater’s cafe and MOM’s organic market are about a 5 minute drive. A full operating grocery store, Safeway, is within 3/4 mile.
Weather & Clothing
Please review the weather forecast before attending your training sessions to know what to pack and wear. All training hours will be indoors. During program, plan to wear sportswear acceptable for practicing yoga (wicking material, no cotton) and bring layers to cover up during seated discussion or partner work. There are often 1-2 yoga asana practices throughout the day, so we recommend bringing at least two changes of yoga clothes.
The Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel and The Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel are two great nearby lodging options. Other affordable options in Towson are Comfort Inn and Best Western. Both are located within a 1/2 mile of the studio. The Holiday Inn in Timonium is 5 miles away (estimated travel time is 10 minutes). Embassy suites in Hunt Valley is a 12 minute drive. Sid Yoga does not have a group rate set up at a specific hotel, we find that our participants tend to prefer to make their own arrangements. At your request and consent, we will inform you of other out-of-town participants with whom you can contact and discuss sharing rooms.
Baltimore Washing International (BWI)
Questions? Send us an e-mail at TeacherTraining@SidYoga.com