Dance Instructor / Choreographer
Kids Yoga Program Developer
Kids Yoga Instructor
Maya is a full time Dance Instructor and Choreographer in the Baltimore area. She works with children ages 5-18 and is incredibly passionate about the work she does as a teacher, coach, and mentor to each of her students.
From a young age, Maya’s parents instilled in her the values of mindfulness and wellness. Her journey with the physical practice of yoga began when she was a freshman in college, searching for a healthy and healing way to supplement her rigorous dance training that had begun to take a toll on her physical and emotional health.
Maya fell in love with teaching dance in college, and began her 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training the week following her college graduation. Maya is also certified in “Tots to Teens” Yoga Instruction, and enjoys educating and engaging with children of all ages in developmentally appropriate yoga philosophy, as well as the physical practice.
Maya is excited to bring yoga — in all its many forms — to the young children and teens of our community. She is passionate about self-discovery and development, and hopes to instill in her students the same life-long love and hunger for learning that was instilled in her.
CURATE A “KIDS YOGA PARTY” WITH MAYA
Looking for a fun and easy party idea for your child’s next birthday?
Throw a Yoga Party!
Kids will have an amazing time dancing, striking poses, and playing games that improve the connection to their body and mind.
* Yoga parties are best suited for ages 6-10
* Group size is flexible
* We accept parties up to 25 children (Age is a factor with larger groups)
* For an extra $8 per child mats will be included. Children get to decorate their mats and take them home
* 45 mins of yoga and games
* Food and cake
* Group gathers for social and creative time
* Closing dance party!
The entire party lasts about 2 hours.
1. Instructors that travel to you OR a blocked off time frame at the studio
2. 2 hours of Yoga Party time
3. Yoga mats (An extra $8 per child)
4. Permanent markers for drawing on a yoga mat
5. Yoga themed cake
1. The children!
2. The space if you are choosing to use your own
3. The food (other than the cake)
4. Cups and plates
Contact us to curate your “Kids Yoga Party” with Maya using the contact information below:
Phone | 410-828-9642
Email | email@example.com