Setting up your at-home yoga space!
Want to get the most out of your virtual yoga classes?
One of the most important steps to take your at-home practice to the next level is setting up a space that feels amazing and authentically you!
Here are 8 tips to create a supportive at-home yoga practice environment:
- If you are viewing class on your phone, make sure it is on “Do Not Disturb” OR “Airplane Mode” with Wifi turned on.
- If you have accessibility, connect your mobile device to a TV screen to view class.
- If you have animals, choose to practice in a space where they cannot access to limit distractions.
- If you have access to a window, it is always great to allow natural light into your practice space.
- Burn incense or turn on an essential oil diffuser for 30 minutes leading up to class. Turn off during class to stay focused on your breath.
- If you choose to play music in the background, choose songs without words or with words that uplift you.
- If you have objects that help you set an intention in your practice, choose one. Having too many items around your mat is a sign of a cluttered mind. Focus in on yourself to develop a strong personal practice. LESS IS MORE.
- If you share a living space with others, politely ask them to allow you this time to practice undisturbed OR ask them to join you if they bring you joy.